Thursday, May 29, 2008

Planes, Dates and missing my baby.

Well Lots has happened since I last blogged.
1. Our wedding date has been confirmed. March 05, 2009.
2. I booked our plane tickets to Hawaii!
3. Mr Mek will be away for 3 months. He's been gone for 24hrs and I miss him immensely already!

I also contacted my dream photographer about shooting our wedding and I might be getting my wedding dress for $400 less than the store price. More about that in a later post.

Mr. Mek has business to take care of and though he will be busy and away for 3 months it also confirmed that we are able to have our ceremony on our projected date. Which I'm real excited about. So yesterday I was checking flight costs on the internet (which I tend to do every other day), just to see what the prices are at. With gas and oil costs being out the kazoo, I was worried about plane tickets from the east coast to Hawaii being outrageous. I flew to Hawaii in 2005 by myself and paid $605 (after taxes!). In 2006, Mr. Mek and I went to Hawaii for a friend's wedding and I believe we paid $645 each (about $1300 for both of us). Yesterday American Airlines had tickets round trip to Hawaii for $770 (after taxes). They were by far the cheapest. Most flights I saw were $900+ and I know they're only going to go up from there. I was a lil' hesitant to book right now because our trip is 10 months away and because of so many airlines claiming bankruptcy. That would be my luck...to book our tickets then have to rebook and pay extra hundreds of dollars because the airline we book with is bankrupt. Well, I did it. I bought the tickets. $1542 for both of us to fly to Hawaii. So whether we get married or not, we're going to Hawaii.

No comments: